Meet the 2006 IBC Requirements with ISAT's Seismic Code Books
This multi-volume set, published by International Seismic Application Technology (ISAT) provides in-depth solutions for enhancing the seismic resiliency of critical distributed utilities within essential facilities and other structures. The ISAT Manuals depict an extensive array of engineered seismic restraint assemblies for common utility conditions including specific hardware components and the anchorage designs for connection to structure. All solutions are IBC code complaint and meet or exceed the design requirements of IBC code reference document ASCE 7, “Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures”.
The 2006 IBC Seismic Manuals are designed for use by:
This multi -volume set provides extensive, pre-engineered documentation illustrating the means and methods for the successful restraint of distributed utility systems within essential facilities and other structures to avoid the damaging effects of code level seismic forces. The advent of newer, more comprehensive seismic ground acceleration maps from the U.S. Geological Survey has resulted in vast new areas of the continental US now requiring the need to engineer against seismic damage to critical utility systems within an array of essential facilities and other facilities including, but not limited to the following:
Applicable Facilities Requiring Engineered Seismic Restraint Systems
- Hospitals having surgery or emergency treatment facilities
- Power generating stations
- Water treatment plants
- Buildings and other structures having critical national defense functions
- High dollar volume manufacturing facilities and those with hazardous process systems
- Computer and telecommunications
- Emergency response centers
- Fire, rescue, ambulance and police stations
- Designated emergency shelters
- Aviation control towers
- Air traffic control centers
- Any essential facilities expected to remain functioning and operable after a major seismic event
Save time, reduce expense and improve the resiliency of critical systems by utilizing the detailed solutions provided within the ISAT Applications, Design and Inspection Manual. Contents common to all volumes and code editions includes:
- The industries most extensive assemblage of seismic restraint installation details.
- Pre-engineered Bracing Tables for all major pipe sizes, conduit sizes and an extensive range of trapeze rack weights.
- Engineered anchorage connections to concrete decks, concrete walls and structural steel
- Code required Special Inspection requirements.
- Guidelines for Quality Assurance Plan preparation and Contractor Statement of Responsibility
Volume 1: Distributed Electrical Systems and Equipment
Emergency Power, General Power, Telecommunications, Conduit, Cable Trays, Bus Ducts, Suspended Electrical Equipment, Terminal Boxes and Pull Cans
Volume 2: Mechanical Piping, HVAC Duct, Plumbing, Process Piping & Equipment
Cold Water, Heating Hot Water (Hydronics), Other Mechanical Piping, HVAC Duct and In-Line Equipment, Domestic Hot and Cold Water, Sanitary Sewer Lines, Roof Drain Leaders, Fuel Gas, Medical Gas, Process Piping, Vibration Isolated Systems and Suspended Mechanical Equipment.
Shop Now from ISAT's Secure Online Store or call 877-523-6060.