2007 California Seismic Building Code Books - Meet the 2007 CBC Requirements with ISAT's Seismic Code Books
This 2-volume set, published by International Seismic Application Technology (ISAT) provides in-depth solutions for enhancing the seismic resiliency of critical distributed utilities within essential facilities and other structures. The ISAT Manuals depict an extensive array of engineered seismic restraint assemblies for common utility conditions including specific hardware components and the anchorage designs for connection to common structural elements.
All solutions are 2007 CBC code complaint and meet or exceed the design requirements of CBC code reference document ASCE 7-05, “Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures” including OSHPD amendments.
The 2007 CBC Seismic Manuals are designed for use by:
- Building officials
- Utility designers
- Civil and structural engineers
- General contractors
- Facility Owners
- Insurance Companies
- Mechanical Piping
- Fire Protection
- Process Piping
The 2-volume set provides extensive, pre-engineered documentation illustrating the means and methods for the successful restraint of distributed utility systems within essential facilities and other structures required to avoid the damaging effects of code level seismic forces. The advent of newer, more comprehensive seismic ground acceleration maps from the U.S. Geological Survey now provides highly definitive ground motion data that is more project specific than ever and does away with the former use of general “seismic zones”.
The ISAT 2007 CBC Manuals take advantage of this new data along with new code formulas for “Seismic Design Force” and revised Seismic Coefficients For Mechanical And Electrical Components to provide engineered restrained systems which significantly reduce the risk of damage to critical utility systems within an array of essential facilities and other facilities including, but not limited to the following:
Applicable Facilities Under the 2007 CBC Requiring Engineered Seismic Restraint Systems
- Hospitals under OSHPD jurisdiction having surgery or emergency treatment facilities
- Power generating stations
- Water treatment plants
- Buildings and other structures having critical national defense functions
- High dollar volume manufacturing facilities and those with hazardous process systems
- Computer and telecommunications
- Emergency response centers
- Fire, rescue, ambulance and police stations
- Designated emergency shelters
- Aviation control towers
- Air traffic control centers
- Any essential facilities expected to remain functioning and operable after a major seismic event
Save time, reduce expense and improve the resiliency of critical systems by utilizing the detailed solutions provided within the ISAT Applications, Design and Inspection Manual.
Contents common to both volumes includes:
- The industries most extensive assemblage of seismic restraint installation details.
- Pre-engineered Bracing Tables for all major pipe sizes, conduit sizes and an extensive range of trapeze rack weights suitable for all trades.
- Engineered anchorage connections to concrete decks, concrete walls, structural steel and structural wood framing.
- Code required Special Inspection requirements.
- Guidelines for Quality Assurance Plan preparation and Contractor Statement of Responsibility
Volume 1: Distributed Electrical Systems and Equipment
Emergency Power, General Power, Telecommunications, Conduit, Cable Trays, Bus Ducts, Suspended Electrical Equipment, Terminal Boxes and Pull Cans.
Volume 2: Mechanical Piping, HVAC Duct, Plumbing, Process Piping and Equipment, Cold Water, Heating Hot Water (Hydronics), Other Mechanical Piping, HVAC Duct and In-Line Equipment, Domestic Hot and Cold Water, Sanitary Sewer Lines, Roof Drain Leaders, Fuel Gas, Medical Gas, Process Piping, Vibration Isolated Systems and Suspended Mechanical Equipment.
Shop Now from ISAT's Secure Online Store or call 877-523-6060.